Tuesday, November 6, 2012


Ward 4, Precinct 2 at 6:15 AM. I was about #150 in line.

Yep. 6:DAMN:15 AM.  Turns out that when you get a Celestone shot and then take your Purple Drank prescription cough syrup at 8:10, you're comatose by 8:18.  The good news is, getting up early to vote isn't a problem, and you'll even feel good enough to not resent all the other earlybirds.  I had a very "STRANGER DANGER!" kind of moment when the man behind me offered to fix my jacket collar (sweet) then complimented me on the tone and paleness of my skin (aaaaaaaaaand creepy).  I think I said something awkward and went back to reading the Kindle app on my phone.

Civic duty is done; I think I've decided that I'm not going to tune in to the coverage tonight. I hope that Hurricane Sandy's damage and chaos won't mean that this election is called into question, regardless of the turnout.  I'm not in the mood for jackassery today.

My one complaint?  No "I Voted" stickers. I don't mind it so much for local elections, but for the big stuff, I want my sticker.  Next election, I guess I'll order some on Etsy...






No comments:

Post a Comment