Wednesday, November 14, 2012

On the jacking of lumber and other indoor sports...


I get that not everybody is still as in love with their hair bands as they were when hair bands were the it thing.  Seriously, I do get that.

I am extremely grateful, though, that in Shreveport Louisiana there are enough people who ARE still in love with their hair bands to make an exceptional concert experience happen on a Tuesday night and still have the feel of a Saturday.  The band is the important part, but without the WOOOHOOOO girls in their tight jeans and big hair, the drunken jackasses with their Coronas and ALL the leather bracelets, the experience would be lacking.  Sadly, I didn't capture any of that beauty; seeing as I was pressed to the railing between Bre, a young hot couple that actually stopped making out long enough to listen to a song or two, and a tall guy who smelled like Old Spice and regret - I just wasn't going to turn around and get any of that fancy stuff documented.  It was glorious, though, and today I'm still amped on the energy, even though my neck is killing me and I very well might have pulled a hamstring.

Mission Accomplished: Derby girls always get in the front row.  It is law.
This is a microphone stand/shotgun. The shotgun is functional. Mind is blown.

Jesse James Dupree is a damned charismatic man. Also maybe a little bit too into chainmail accessories.

This roadie hung out on the back of the stage chewing on his guitar pick ALL NIGHT LONG.

So how close to the stage were we? I turned my head and got hit in the skull by the neck of this guitar. 

What's more awesome than playing the chainsaw as an instrument?

WARRIOR POSE with chainsaw, that's what.

This is Brian Dye. I may be in love.  He's the Happiest Drummer in the World, by the way.
Jesse James and the shirt I'm probably never actually returning to the friend who owns it.

Autographed stool sample. Har. Har. Har.

Songs I expected to hear but didn't:  "Favorite Sin" and the cover of "It's Tricky".
Songs I was happy to hear: All of 'em. Seriously. Most concerts will find me getting annoyed/bored for at least one number, but I didn't.

Next up:  TCK's fundraiser concert on December 1!  6 local bands, 0 chainsaws.


No comments:

Post a Comment