Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another weekend in the bag...


The Maker's Fair was not really financially profitable but I think that TCK had good community response, and we may have scored a recruit or two and I spoke to at least 40 people who had no idea there was local roller derby- and now they know.  Good stuff, there.



Then there was the emotional and mental liability of being in a big public space from 6:45 - 4:30.  I did run away with a friend for about two hours to walk downtown and just talk, which I think saved me from a major meltdown, but by the time I made it home, I was about as depleted as I could be and still be in the healthy range.  Mouse got on her way quickly- she was beat, too- and I think I managed about an hour or so of napping.

Evening brought about some derby sister socialness, and then I was thinking I was maybe about wrung out, and thought about heading to the Redbox, but I got an invite to enjoy some downtime at another friend's place -- and after deciding that I was presentable enough to be company, ended up clocking in another few hours of social time, but the really good "emotional food" sort.  Making the gamble with the little bit of emotional reserves I had left was a very good call, and instead of ending the day feeling wrung out and overtaxed, I was happy and content and warm.  

Aside- driving home at 1AM and feeling a bit peckish and curious led me to investigate the Dorito taco.  This is possibly the worst decision I've ever made.  WTF.

So today was spent as Sundays seem to be these days... mostly in bed with a book, keeping one eye on the internet and seeing a little bit of mindless TV.  Laundry happened, a bit of cooking, and absolutely nothing else on my weekend checklist, despite the fact that it was a long checklist that's been neglected and I need to make some progress... but it was good.  I feel grounded and ready for an amazing week... a week that shall include a scrimmage night, Jackyl live in concert, and will culminate in a camping trip that I'm looking forward to heartily but not prepared for in the slightest.

Today's bit of happy:
Serving as stunt-double- Sprint Galaxy II, which is an awful lot like an AT&T Galaxy III, except it sucks.
Also- time to update the Kindle cover, lest I be sending the wrong signal...

I discovered that one of my beautiful but often neglected pieces has a dual purpose.  This gorgeous yarn bowl given to me by Robbin - which hasn't been used for knitting nearly as much as it should- serves as the perfect amplifier for my phone-as-music player, perfect for moving from room to room rather than dealing with earbuds or futzing with speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment