Monday, November 5, 2012

"Fell back" on Sunday...

Fell back into bed, that is.

It started with a sore throat, then the fever came.  Shortly after the fever came the telling pressure in the ears...

Another. Goddamned. Ear. Infection.

Eustachian tubes are so overrated.

Tom approves of sick humans as long as their hands are available for petting.


My attempted home remedies included a batch of potato soup, the hottest curried pork and okra I could manage to make, and so many hot toddies that I started wondering if I was drinking them for the tea or the bourbon (I have no Canadian in the house, heathen that I am).

I think I did a load of laundry.  I called Sabine between the 3rd and 5th hot toddie, and I babbled about Kool Aid pitchers, circus freaks, and... oh, hell. Something.  I watched "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" and I found it to be entirely too sad.  I watched The Walking Dead, and now I'm angry and bitter about T-dog and smug about Lori.

Sick, ya'll.  It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment