Friday, March 25, 2011

Wherein Sabine will likely ridicule me for still liking Pantera...

Yesterday a handful of us did a 6 mile riverfront skate.  I plan on going back, maybe even this weekend, and doing the full length of the available trail (8.9 miles round trip).  In celebration, I've made myself a skating playlist of angry grungy metal-ish sort of music that is concrete proof that I didn't find much at all wrong with 1992-1995.  Anthrax, Ugly Kid Joe, Pantera, and LL Cool J all in one place.  It makes me happy, and I'd share it with you but I'm afraid it's just too awesome to unleash on the internet, and anyway, slap bracelets have already started making their comeback and I don't want to be responsible for that kind of thing.



This is still awesome. You know it is.

While skating, the revolving sign at Centurytel informed me that ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd are coming to town, which might just be the best musical act to come to Bossier since the last time Lynyrd Skynyrd came to Bossier.  I've seen both bands, loved them, and will pay a ridiculous amount to freakin' Ticketmaster to do it again.  I will also sing along to every single song- badly- and I will chant "Freebird" like a moron.  I'm looking forward to it already.

I just realized that I made a reference earlier to how the last time I saw ZZ Top was "A few years ago."  A few years ago when Jeanie was pregnant with Kenny... and seeing as Kenny just got his Black Belt in karate, is only a few inches shorter than me, and has his own iPhone, I'm officially doing That Thing that Old People Do.  Dammit.


Annnd that's it. I'm preoccupied.  One of my dear ones called a bit ago and is rushing to town on account of his mom having an emergency surgery.  While I'm delighted to have a chance to put up a buddy in the guest room and do some catching up, I'm also kinda worried. 

Have a shiny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment