Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Fat Tuesday! Now go away.

It is Fat Tuesday and I have the BEST PLAN EVER for my Carnivale evening!  Are you ready for this?

I'm going to go home. 
I'm going to put on my comfy PJs.
I'm going to grill up a little bit of salmon.
I'm going to sit on the couch, watch a movie, listen to the Refreshments, write, sew, read a book, and play with my dog ALL AT THE SAME TIME while balancing a book on my head, if I want to...
And I'm going to enforce a "no cell phone, no texting, no computer" moratorium on myself without feeling guilty about missing a call or text.  I've got the house to myself thanks to Beer Club for the roommate, and I am going to take advantage of it for one glorious evening... and then I'll be bored and ready for people again, and maybe a lot less irritable, snappish, and irrational. Wouldn't that be nice?  If you've not been interacting with me today you are missing out, let me tell you.  I am SUPER awesome. And sarcastic.

I'm not broken, I'm not mad, no, you didn't do anything, I swear.  I'm just crunchy and crispy and frayed and the redhead needs to plug into her docking station and charge.


I so wouldn't wear shoes in my bubble. Just sayin'. Buy me one and I'll prove it.

Just because he's psychic, a friend sent me this this morning. I'm contemplating making it required reading for all of the people who are ever entrusted with being the grownup in charge of watching me.  The timing of it was perfect in one of those ways that things never really are- so thanks, Paul. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I might need to show Bridget that link/book as well...

    ReplyDelete