Sunday, January 2, 2011

So here we are, on the other side....

What a MEMORABLE New Year!

The Costume party at Mouse's was great, of course.  Not a huge crowd and with mustaches and giant Jenga for all.  And the ice luge, which we're officially Too Damned Old for.  We know that we are too damned old for it, because we had to call an ambulance.... at 11 the NEXT morning.  We thought it was a seizure or something of that sort, but no, it was just a righteous hangover (and no, not me.  I did have a righteous hangover but apparently it could have been worse).  The communal New Years' Resolution was originally "no more hard liquor" but I'm starting to wonder if maybe it just shouldn't be "no more drinking with John."  Losing my tact filter somewhere during hour 3 of Emergency Room Lobby fun notwithstanding, it was a really good weekend.
Of course, it would have been better if Sabine had been there with us, but her absence is her story to tell.

So... that was that. Unfortunately, I'm starting to be worried that "the way you spend New Years' Day will be how you spend the rest of your year" is going to be true this time around, and I don't think it's going to be exclusively the part where I make inappropriate jokes with my friends, watch movies in PJs, and eat sushi in good company.  My dad is sick, I found out tonight, and refusing to go to the ER.  His sister is taking him to the doctor tomorrow, but based on what I've heard he should have gone last week... and he's got all the symptoms of pneumonia that have landed him in the ICU at least 3 times in as many years.  SO- I am packing my bag tonight in preparation for heading to Aberdeen tomorrow (Mississippi, not the fun one).  And for now, I'm going to try to get some sleep just in case tomorrow involves a long car trip.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I tryin' here. Based solely on the hospital visits I already have scheduled in the next 3 months, I should have all of our group's quota of hospital visits filled.

    No need for anyone else to chip in. I got this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up hope for Dad and you Sabine. Hope everyone gets good care and has quick recoveries. Travel safely, Sarah! Much love.

    ReplyDelete