Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just not in the mood today. Or maybe I am in the mood - just for the wrong things. *

I've been very anti-craft lately.

Not AntiCraft in the age inappropriate but fun goth sense, but "I'm not going to make a damn thing and you're not going to make me" sense. I guess I go through these spells now and then, but aside from a couple of skirts and 20 garters it has been since Aprilish since I really did anything creative, and that's just unheard of.  Signing up for the February challenge was a move to pull me out of that funk, but I haven't been very optimistic about that working. I've been envisioning 28 days of garters or something else very easy to do.

Yesterday, amidst my Very Bad Day of Sleep Deprivation and Stress, I had an idea that just kind of came to me while I was doing not much of anything while trying to look like I was busy.  It was a fairly easy to execute idea, as far as things I come up with go, but it both involved making things AND it got me excited.  I did go home and take a nap because I was pretty much wrecked, but as soon as I woke up I actually dove into my fabric closet and pulled out material and got a pattern worked out and started MAKING something.  Something REALLY COOL.  And not only is it something REALLY COOL, This REALLY COOL thing is going to need lots of REALLY COOL things to go with it. Accessories. Hair bows. And a belt to go with the belt buckle Sabine gave me as an early birthday present will just make it all work smashingly well.  And mah STOMPY boots.

So, here you go, mostly because if I post it here I'll finish the damn thing - here is step 1 of the Very Rockabilliest Derby Girl Not-Poodle Skirt ever to be born.  He's not done yet- his spikes and rhinestone eyes go on after he's on the bubblegum pink satin skirt and not on my ugly ironing board... but isn't he precious? 
That's a crappy cellphone picture of a cotton velvet rottweiler with a silk collar. He even FEELS puppy-like!

I can't wait for Valentine's Kamikaze Karaoke, the debut event for this stunning skirt. Now maybe some sweet Greaser boy will wanna take me to the Karaoke and my stunning ensemble will be complete. Or maybe I'll just get a Fonzie action figure.

Another thing I'm really looking forward to is that February challenge now.  I've got about EleventyBillion ideas now, and I even have something resembling a plan and a project list!

*- Title credit to my girl Lasair. I have a feeling "making dogs out of velvet" was not the wrong thing she had in mind, though.

1 comment:

  1. He is awfully cute. Almost too cute. He doesn't look very mean. I think RED DEMON eyes will help though.

    ReplyDelete