Monday, January 24, 2011

Anything, anything, anything to avoid returning to the prompted posts.

YAYs:

  • Last night's joint practice with the Texarkana Vixens was really good. I was super impressed with my own team's leadership and all the freakin' good attitudes.  Seriously.  It's like we'd freebased pixies and kindergartners with unicorns or something, everybody was just SO DAMN HAPPY to drive an hour + in the rain to meet a bunch of new girls.  I kind of feel like I've been hit by a bus wearing fishnets today.  It is a great feeling, at least when compared to what I imagine being hit by a real bus would be like. 
  • You'd think that just openly asking all of the Alumni and former students of a College when they'd like to have their reunion would result in mass chaos. So far it hasn't, and it looks like the LSC reunion is likely to take place on Easter weekend.  I'm impressed with how almost everybody has said "well, this weekend would be best for me but I'll move mountains to make it whenever."  I'm just so eager for whenever it is to GET HERE.  I am also extremely grateful that nobody has tried to do the whole "this year, or this set of years reunites this weekend and then this other block goes on this other weekend."
  •  My craft room is significantly more workable.  I can get to BOTH work tables, all the shelves, and even have an EMPTY shelf for works-in-progress.  All of the thread lives together, likewise the buttons and the applique material and the MAPP gas canisters and the 46 exacto blades.  It is lovely.  If anybody opens the closet, they might die, but if nobody opens the closet (which might require moving a 100 lb table that just happened to find itself in front of the door, and seriously, that'd just be rude anyway) I can continue to harbor the delusion that I'm an organized girl who has my shit together and I'd really like to maintain that for just a little while, k?

Seriously. Do NOT open the closet. Please.


UGHs:

  • Situations have led to my canceling my Florida vacation this weekend.  It's a combination of feeling like I oughtn't be that far from my dad right now and not wanting to burn up vacation time I may need later for family stuff.  I feel like a bit of an ass for bailing on friends I really wanted to spend some time with.  Maybe in a month or so I can find someplace to burn up the airline credit but not today.  I have a few things I can look forward to instead of the trip, namely a Girls' Night Out this Friday and a Cowboy Mouth concert that will likely improve my disposition, but even as great as those things are,they are not a trip to Miami to spend time with an amazing old friend and a pretty fantastic newer one.    

  • I was going to try to start on a specific silk project only to discover that it has been so long since I painted on silk that my materials had either separated (bad) or dried up (also bad).  Suck. My ass is growing (er, raising? Lifting? Reassigning her zip codes?). My waist is shrinking. This makes things like wearing clothes problematic.  Since October 1:
Calves are down 1"+.
Thighs are down 1.5".
Waist is down 2".
Hip - UP 1.5".
Bust- Down 2.5" (FML)
Underbust- down 1".

Please do not think that I'm saying that making accomplishments towards some of my fitness goals fall under bad. That- by itself- falls under AWESOME.  The "bad" part is that I am shaped weird and my boobs are going away and this makes things like wearing clothes kind of suck.  
  • Seth Rogen is not nearly as hot now that he's lost so much weight.  I'm just throwing that out there.
  •  The universe has been insistent in pointing out to me that there was a bus that I missed (not literally.  Figuratively, yo).  Dear Universe- I Get It.  Noted, and stuff.  I don't think that my job here is to fix the bus-missing, but to accept the bus-missing and make an effort to not do it again. Of course, I could be wrong. It happens often. Right or wrong, I'll leave you with this. If you're going to have a song stuck in your head on a Monday, this should totally be it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment