Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Success Analysis: 8.5 of 10!

Friday:

Jordan was going to go along with me, but due to her feeling icky, Aarin went with me instead.  We gave a good effort towards seeing all of the films, but in the street there was live funk... and a truck with really good tortas. And beer.  And PEOPLE!  Combine two people with ADD tendencies and tell them they need to sit still for 4 hours, and let me know how that works out for you.  We both saw a handful of folks that we knew and kind of just had a nice evening wondering around and catching up and enjoying a gorgeous downtown night.
Score:  7 of 10
Favorite films that we actually did see- Sock Monkey, This is my Microphone.

Saturday:
 
(Part 1)
Meh.  Laundry happened. The kitchen was tidied.  I took out some trash.  It was 'k.
Score: 5 of 10
I did it... but I didn't mean it.
 +

I baked cookies while cleaning and headed over to Jenny and Denise's to "watch football."  I'm not good at this, but I had a fantastic time.  I didn't knit much, but I did eat an awful lot, and I got to spend time with Roy who is far too scarce these days.  Jenny and Denise have the coolest friends... I think I was there for 3 hours, but it felt more like 10 minutes. Time just flew.  
Score: 9 of 10.  The 9 is only because I still don't understand what the hell is going on in that damn game.

The game wasn't quite over, but I needed to unglue Jenn from the TV so that we could go see...
I still miss JP and Sonia... and amazing, talented, sexy Paul Sanchez- but it was good.  Bre, Jenn and I attached ourselves to the railing while trying to give an acceptable personal space bubble to the trio next to us in the Vibram Five-fingers (EW).  I didn't try to note the setlist this time around, but they played enough of their old stuff that I got to scream my face off as I sang along and enough of their new stuff to make it a "new" concert experience, rather than being a repeat of the other 18 or so I've seen- but that's just kind of what they do.  I hope that "Iko Iko" stays on their setlist; "Blues at Bay" and "Drama" are probably going to become favorites once I've heard the new album, "This Train" another 10 times or so.  As predicted, I left with sore feet, a sore face, sore hands, and feeling like I'd just been to the best revival/exorcism of my life (experience limited, btw- I'm just guessing).  The show felt short.  We talked about going to the afterparty... but we didn't.  I went home instead.
Score: 12 of 10.


(Part 2)
So, I get home, and I'm on the phone with Sabine, and I have ALL THIS ENERGY... and before long, the entire contents of my closet (which is a small room, really) are in my bedroom.  4 hours later, I finally unearth my bed; 2 bags of trash, 2 bags of donations, and a dining room table FULL of things for the yard sale were the result.
Score: 8 of 0 (it was an accidental cleaning, after all).

Sunday:
I have a kitten.  I'm never going to sleep late again.
Score: 1 of 10


(part 2 3)
More of the undoing of the great messiness of Saturday night.  Aarin and Liam came over and Liam and I took a lovely nap while watching Mythbusters while Aarin got my chainsaw working and did some sawing.  It's been a really long time since I got to cuddle with a baby for sleeping- thankfully, they're doing their part and the second one is incubating now, guaranteeing that I'm set in that department for a few more years.
Score: 10 of 10


Knotta and I had a great workout in the park; we did ALL the crunches and ALL the crossover lunges and the only downside at all is that none of our other teammates came along... but it happens. We did our part, had a great workout, and I managed to get home in time to take a bath and fall asleep watching The Walking Dead.  
Score: 8 of 10 



No comments:

Post a Comment