Monday, October 15, 2012

About a girl


You know what I love, and I mean seriously, really, truly adore with every fiber of my angsty little being?

I love confident, funny, sarcastic, smart women.  The kind of women that less self-assured and less aware women are intimidated by... the ones that people say are bitches just because they're so damn fierce.

I've never really been an "embrace the sisterhood of womankind" kind of girl. I have female friends, but I'm pretty damn picky about them.  With women, I hate to say it, I kind of take the attitude of "I'm not going to bother committing your name to memory until you prove yourself to be either useful or entertaining."  That's a horrible thing to say- but there you go. They're just so flighty and hard to handle and... girls.   I never said I was a good person all the time.

SO... some months back, this tall leggy thing walks into the rink in the company of one of my favorite derby girls, and my first kneejerk response was "Oh, you're pretty and well put together.  Poor thing. Did you need help tying your shoes this morning?"  I'm also not a nice person all the time, especially in my head.

Of course, it wasn't long before I figured out that I was wrong... and this creature turned out to not only be pretty, but hilarious and smart and nice and with really good taste in female companions- just sayin'.  She has quickly become one of those people that I get happy about seeing, and even though I could give a damn less about football she seems to actually find my attempts at cheering for whomever to be funny, rather than wanting to slap me for not taking it seriously enough, already.  She doesn't fuck around when it's time to throw a party, either, and God knows that nothing can endear somebody to me faster than being a hostess with ambition.  She understands big words!  She has the best EVER "Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?" face.  I'm pretty sure she's an elitist, too, which is fine with me- she likes me, so that's cool.  

So, in honor of my current favoritest hetero-girl crush, Denise - a series of haiku.

How many have you?
Converse to go with all things.
Colorful Shoe Girl.

30th birthday
"nerd" theme. Photo booth pictures
not put online. YAY!

An epic hostess
Even has hot dogs! Forgot
the buns... it's ok.

I say "YES! TEAM! GO!"
No clue who I'm cheering for.
Does not bitchslap me.

Got drunk. Was asshole.
She thinks I'm hilarious.
I think I'll keep her. 

So, even though there's documentation out there on the Facebook of her mugging with Sarah Palin... I've ruled that this one is a keeper, which means she's basically stuck with me for the rest of forever.  Way to go, Denise.  YOU GET TO KEEP ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment