Tuesday, October 2, 2012

"I'm not sure if I sent you that problem, or if I just Tyler Durden'd it."

Figments of the imagination have been on my mind lately, and the quote above was a statement made to me by a client today that completely goes along with some of those thoughts.

Perceptions of actions and inactions, more specifically, have been on my mind- but what's a perception if it's not something you're making up as you go?  I have control of my actions and my words, but I don't have even a modicum of control over what you think of my actions or what I say.  


Tyler Durdening as a verb isn't very nice, is it?  It's crazy. It goes too far.  It goes off the handle with little provocation and it makes a mess and by the time you realize that you're doing it to yourself, you're about to blow some shit up.I know my perceptions sometimes fall into this category.  I can take a simple bit of apathy and translate it into neglect. I can morph polite interest into a kindred spirit.  I can turn nothing at all into something huge... but I can be aware, right?  And maybe by being aware that I sometimes react in a big way, I can keep in mind whether or not those reactions are proportionate to their catalysts.


Slightly related but not entirely, EvilSara has encouraged me to read the Five Love Languages, which I have to admit is coming off as very "Chicken Soup for the Soul," but I am reading it and trying to keep an open mind, because I love her, and... well, it was time for a break from the vampire fiction, anyway.  


--


Playlist inspired by the TCK bout in September against Northside Fury, who beat us by two points and has signed our dance card for next Season already:

Music To Punch People By:

Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit
Somebody to Shove - Soul Asylum
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Faith - Limp Bizkit
Killing in the Name - Rage Against the Machine
Headstrong - Trapt
Bodies - Drowning Pool
Down with the Sickness - Disturbed
Don't Start No Sh*t - Mia X, Master P
She Hates Me- Puddle of Mudd
ATTACK- 30 Seconds to Mars
I wanna be Your Dog - Dakar & Grinser
Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Always Something - Cage the Elephant
There's a War Going on for Your Mind - Flobots
Punch You in the Jeans - Lonely Island
Az Unity - Bass Blak, ME, Jae Lei
We Hate Everyone- Type O Negative
Mother - Danzig
Damn! Feat. Lil' Jon - Youngbloodz
DOA  - Foo Fighters

1 comment: