Friday, February 11, 2011

A week gone, and so much to show for it!

Nobody's really going to care what I have to say about the Kid Rock concert Tuesday night.  It was plenty fun but there were no unicorns.

So - rah rah rah, Batwidaba, YAY Beavis and Butthead! Hey, do you smell pot? Was that just a pole dance to the "Dukes of Hazzard" theme? No, really, I seriously smell pot.  Damn, that's a righteous mullet.  And it just passed a joint. I knew it!   That's it in a nutshell.

I have been engaging in the "make something every day" challenge thing... kinda.  I've made a skirt. I tried to make a petticoat, too, but that was a fail.  I will take pictures this weekend and post them, but I've been hesitant to do so already since I'm not going to "do" hair and makeup for cellphone pictures in my bathroom, and they're kind of required to get the proper effect across.

I made some posters for the upcoming Mardi Gras parade.  I'm somewhat proud of my ability to trace and use markers. I think I totally missed out by not going to a high school that actually had Homecoming and stuff like that. I'll never master bubble letters but I did ripoff the Facebook Thumb logo pretty nicely.

In the past few days I've designed a flier for a poster contest, started drafting articles of incorporation for the Knockers, started working on the details for us to skate in San Fermin in Nueva Orleans, performed surgery on a few pairs of skates, made a complete ass of myself at work over a mis-hearing (I thought she said her boyfriend gave her "a bar of soap with razorblades" not "a bar of soap AND razor blades"), soothed some egos, and contemplated ways to affix four-leaf clovers to my kneepads without damaging any floors.

So- I've been doin' stuff. And as soon as the stuff I've been doing actually becomes relevant, I'll post some pictures... if anybody actually takes them.  I hear rumor that I own a camera but I don't know where it is.

My weekend plans got derailed. Dad has the flu and a few other life situations resulted in me not heading for Monroe tonight, but that also means that I don't have to race back tomorrow for Kamikaze Karaoke, so it'll be fine.  Instead I'm going to make valentines for my girls and maybe some new curtains for my bedroom, spend a little time primping for the show, and I'm still going to have an amazing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment