Friday, February 18, 2011

Just another night in the country...

Fylgir doesn't always sleep in her crate at night. Some nights, if she's being good, the crate door stays open and she can roam around if she likes. She still ends up spending most of the night in her own spot but she likes to patrol.  Last night was one of those nights... and at about 1:15, she went OMGNUTS!!!!111!!  She's not really a barker, so I got up to check it out.  I think there may have been raccoons frolicking in the yard for there definitely were not any intruders.  No big deal... the barking happened again at 1:20. And at 1:23. And at 1:28- and the puppy went to her crate for the night at that point.
At 1:33, just as I was getting ready to fall back to sleep, my phone dinged with a Facebook Message indicator.  A random person with whom I share no mutual friends had sent me a "Hi, How are you?" message.

Messages from strangers aren't an odd thing and they don't bother me a bit.  Messages from strangers while my dog is going BatShitCrazy when those strangers happen to share the same name as a major Horror Movie Bad Guy make me have special dreams.  There's a reason why I've never seen Saw. Or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Or anything else that involves dead cheerleaders and/or summer campers.  I have a creative imagination.  The sole Nightmare on Elm Street that I've seen gave me night terrors and The Others was just traumatic. 

Not sexy.
Anyhow- so I read the message and click on the profile and the picture, at least on my phone screen, was really tiny and fuzzy.  Tiny and fuzzy and made me immediately convinced that there was a Horror Movie Murderer outside of my house Facebooking me before he killed me and I'd just locked my alarm system in a crate and she NEVER barks so if she's barking then there MUST be a psycho on the loose and did I lock the door? I never lock the door... maybe I should lock the door but what if he's already in the house?  I think I should just lay here and try to look like a pile of blankets, I think.
Is that a...goat?






So I did that, just lay there, and tried to convince my mind that it wasn't THAT Michael Myers. It was MIKE Myers whose roles in Wayne's World and So I Married an Axe Murderer led to my first celebrity crush and I'm still pretty sure I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating bacon. So, ok, that's who it was.  He's tracked me down, wants to chat me up, let's just think on that as we try to fall asleep.  That's better.


It worked- and then I had dreams all night long of Austin Powers and Shrek getting stalked by creepy guys in hockey masks (and yes, I know that's Jason but work with me here), which sucked massively and resulted in me hitting 'snooze' for an extra 30 minutes, very nearly being back to work, and harboring serious fantasies about replying to my random message with a tutorial in how to NOT interact with strangers when you have a Hollywood Horror name, but that'd probably be rude. 



--

I haven't made a single thing all week (except for weird nightmares) but I have been having a great time, skating, and gearing up for a great weekend that probably will involve some art... or the cleaning of some firearms, which almost counts if you look at it the right way.

--

Sabine got me this diary for Valentine's Day.  I have found in the week that I've had it that jotting down a sentence or so right before bed isn't a hardship at all and I'm really hoping I can stick with it. You should get one, too, and then in 5 years we can all have a diary reading party.  It'll be off the chain! er... hook?  Chain.  Crap.  What is it the kids are saying these days again?

--

It's going to be a triple latte sort of day.

4 comments: