Wednesday, December 5, 2012

No elves on my shelves...

The Elf on the Shelf is a creepy SOB.

Yesterday I spent entirely too much time looking at Inappropriate Elf pictures with Denise, Jenny, and Jen. Fortunately, I don't own one, so I haven't felt the need to make him swim with the fishes (I have fishes. It would happen).

I have, however, decorated my tree, proving that I'm not entirely devoid of holiday spirit.

Actually, I am.  This year I'm not so excited about Christmas, but I am excited about setting up my tree! Last year I didn't, so it's been a year and a half (ever since Christmas in July) since I saw some of my favorite collectibles..

Shamrock/clover ornaments on my tree? 15, and I love every single one of them.

My mother was crafty. She made the crocheted stocking and the red and white owls, years ago.
Jeanie went on vacation and brought me a pink flamingo.  Evil Sara gave me the green frog a very long time ago; there may have been a story there, but I can't recall it.
The sheep belonged to my very dear missed friend, Beth. The pickle it is staring at was a gift from Becca, given in memory of Beth who had fun stories about growing up in a house with a Christmas Pickle (which is FAR less creepy than a fucking elf on a shelf... just sayin').
This ball only made it to the tree because it's still got silly string on it from Christmas in July... and after all, my tree is all about the people I love, even if they spray silly string in my house.

A new addition to my ornament box, Bri sent me red roller skates for my tree earlier this year.

So... yes, currently I'm living in denial that Christmas is a few weeks away. Maybe it's the weather, or the dreading of the trip to the Ancestral Motherland... and maybe I'll get in the spirit eventually.

But hey, I've got an awesome tree.

1 comment:

  1. The frog sparks no memory. :( I feel like we should find his lost story though...

    ReplyDelete