Thursday, May 1, 2014

Screw it. Time to put down some roots.

Lots has happened.

I sold a house. Turned 35. Bought a house. My father passed away... there's been family drama, and mourning, and sadness and some words that can't be taken back. I had a surgery. I got depressed and spent a lot of time sleeping, gained some weight, and relied way too much on friends to keep me afloat and remind me to eat.

The entire month of March, and part of April is a complete fog.  I know that things happened and I have some recollection of bits, but for the most part, I retained not much and I don't really think that's a bad thing. 

Today, though... today is May 1.  I don't find particular relevance in Beltane, normally, but I do get that it's the time for rebirth and renewal and fertility and new shit, and I guess I'm at a good place to try to grab onto that, even if it's just seasonally appropriate and not particularly spiritually infused.


This garden is imperfect. There's not a square corner to it (nor is it square to the house).  It's sturdy, and strong, and soon it will have the first part of my spring garden situated in it's walls, just as soon as I get more dirt and peat moss into it and level it out.  It ain't pretty but it will be useful, and I did it entirely on my own, and I find some value in that, even if it's in having done it somewhat wrong.  

The wine tree behind it was a gift from a family who loves me- it got planted last night, too.  I'm looking forward to watching it's blooms.  Hell, I heard rumor that a blue flower might be blooming on it today.

Roots, ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like getting that little glimpse of your neighborhood in the background.
      -- Misha

      Delete