Monday, October 17, 2011

Some Enchanted Evening...

Not everything went right.  Nobody remembered ice..or tongs. I chose the wrong shoes (ow), came perilously close to what could have been a nasty car accident, had a middle-of-the-night fight with an air conditioner because for the first time in my life I was too hot.  We panicked a few minutes because we weren't sure the best man's shirt was really where it ended up being.  At the reception while having a conversation with somebody's grandmother, I chose words poorly and while attempting to tell a very sweet and sincere story managed to make myself sound like a raging tramp instead...and made the groom's father hyperventilate and choke on cake in the process.

It really was just about perfect, though.  I may even officiate another one of these shindigs one day, especially if there are kilts and twinkle lights involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment